Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby Come Back to Me



Any brides looking for a budget friendly wedding idea? These gorgeous centerpieces made from gypsophila are a breath of fresh air.

Seen most commonly at your grocer's market, baby's breath has always played a small supporting roll for its more colorful cousins. But take one seemingly common flower in multitude and the ordinary becomes extraordinary. Take a note from this wedding that puts baby's breath front and center stage.



Whether using tall standing centerpieces like the ones seen here or wide containers, the key to creating romantic clouds of tiny petals is to make sure they are arranged in a spherical shape. Also, make sure to get the freshest stems because older baby's breath has a tendency to scatter its petals to the wind.

Image via White Lilac Inc.

4 comments:

Jacqueline Weppner said...

Grace- such a fantastic idea! I love it! And, as usual, you have fab photos to support your claims! Thanks for this. xo!

Anonymous said...

Love this!! I've always thought I'd want orchids and roses, but I'm sure those would be mucho expensivo! These baby's breath look surprisingly elegant!

Lucia said...

I wish I saw this for my wedding! It is an inside "joke" between me and my husband that baby's breath is my favorite flower (long story). I wish I would have had this idea of how to make them look so pretty at a wedding because it would have been meaningful for us to include it!

La-La Linh said...

Wow this looks great! I will definitely have to include this on my blog. Such a cost efficient way to decorate your reception and it looks amazing! Thanks for posting and sharing this!!!! I love your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...